Friday, January 16, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge - January

A BOOK WITH MORE THAN 500 PAGES

** These are just a few ideas. I've always wanted to read "Beautiful Creatures". I have it on my Kindle and read the first chapter, but had to stop to read something else. It came out as a movie in 2013. There are 3 books that make up the series: "Beautiful Darkness", "Beautiful Chaos" and "Beautiful Redemption". I don't believe that these last 3 are movies. "Eragon" is kinda cool in the fact that it was written by a 15 year old! I remember when the book first came out!

A CLASSIC ROMANCE

** I'm not into romance, but I love the classics and truly believe that every teen should read at least one classic. The way they write, the way they use and choose words and the tone, morals and values that are portrayed, I feel, can still be relevant today. My favorite from this group? "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott. One of my all-time favorite books!

A BOOK THAT BECAME A MOVIE

** This isn't a hard task. There are so many books that are being made into a movie. The sad part is that the books are SO MUCH better!!! There are some books, especially the series, that there is way too much detail and background in the book for the movie to portray. Sadly, drama sometimes takes the place of truth and bits and pieces are included to sensationalize the movie to get folks to come see it. "Divergent" is one of my favorites and although it was similar to The Hunger Games (as most dystopia novels are), I don't think that it was AS violent. It did have some aggressive parts, but not as gory as "The Hunger Games".

A BOOK THAT WAS PUBLISHED THIS YEAR

** Kinda unfair since this is only January, but I see it as a challenge!! Some of these looked really good. "Fairest" was fairy tale-ish and "The Ghosts of Heaven" seemed pretty good.

Well, that's the challenge and a few ideas for the month. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment